4.1.10

Just Got Lucky

Posted by Azumi's Mom ★ at 4:04 PM

MellowYellowBadge


OTOSHIDAMA


This year I also received Otoshidama from my old folks here in Japan, my mom's FIL and my MIL. Whatta a lucky thing to start my New Year. I never expected it. How much? Surprisingly alot...

Actually the 4 envelopes are my lil girl's Otoshidama.




お年玉 OTOSHIDAMA, a monetary gift that is given by adults to kids (and not so young) on New Year's day. I think this is also common to many countries like in my homeland Philippines, just a bit different though.

I hope you also had a wonderful thing to start your great New Year...

More updates to come .. that's one of my resolutions this year.

Happy

11 Reactions:

nuts on January 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM said...

that's common also here but i never received one this haha.. you're lucky!

Mrs. Kolca on January 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM said...

wow! meron den yan sa chinese di ba?

Regina on January 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM said...

What a good start. Congrats!
Happy New Year!

Manang Kim on January 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM said...

Wow love the monetary content inside the Otoshidama surely it would be a lot. Is Otoshidama is like the red envelope that Chinese also use to give money? My first time to see one like they are very colorful and cute to keep. Thanks for dropping by at my site I do appreciate it. Happy New Year!


Christmas gifts

Vernz on January 4, 2010 at 11:20 PM said...

Wow! Can I have one too! hehehe!

Pinoys don't have specific term for this ...

www.anythingdavao.blogspot.com
www.inthissideoftown.blogspot.com

Willa on January 5, 2010 at 4:44 AM said...

So, it's like the red envelope during Chinese new year. your li'l princess is one lucky girl!

Bambie dear ★ on January 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM said...

i think so.. not familiar kasi with chinese culture, kung sa PI, aginaldo naman..

Clarissa on January 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM said...

That's a good start for a new year,Bambie.Same here,meron din ako so hurray for us!!\(^0^)/

Dhemz on January 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM said...

aha...am sure shopping to the max kau ni baby dolly nyan...hehehe!

Genejosh on January 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM said...

wow what a blessing! Sis i received the greeting cards and calendar this afternoon. I love them so much! and very indispensable for me ang calendar. thank you so much! It's one of the best things I have this new year:)Stay blessed.

Hugs to Azumi!

kathy on January 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM said...

Thanks for the info bamz.. It's nice to learn things about Japanese culture...

Post a Comment

♥ this is now a do-follow blog ♥ comments are moderated ♥

Thank YOU =)

 

♥ Fabbie Love ♥

more fabulous blog badges here peach360 Chris ChroniclesPhotobucket the mommy journey Kharen's Corner Photobucket PhotobucketInspirational Insights badge exchange with me...

Blogger Tools

Make your blogger look more beautiful by visiting these sites:
  • Spice Up Your Blog
  • Free Blogger Template and Design Resources
  • Blogger Buster
  • Nice and Fab Copyright © 2009 Shopping Bag is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal

    Icons by Babydoll.nu | Button by Happi | Background by Cebong Ipiet