9.4.11

Japanese Tempura Rice Bowl

Posted by Azumi's Mom ★ at 1:05 AM

One of my favorite Japanese foods is Tempura.

The other day, we dined out in an economic Japanese Family Restaurant called Tonden. Since I want to eat a healthy meal, I ordered Tendon, or Japanese Tempura Rice Bowl Meal set.


The meal set consists of Miso Soup, Chawanmushi (茶碗蒸し), Oshinko ((pickled Chinese cabbage), Tofu, and Tempura in a rice bowl.

Tendon’s Ten means Tempura’s Tem (ten). Don is a shortcut of Donburi, which means a bowl. As such, in Japanese there are some bowl dish.

OISHIKATTA! Delicious and healthy meal.

Sharing this yummy food to...



Happy 2nd Year Anniversary to Food Trip Friday :)

You might as well wanna join the host's give away to celebrate her meme's blogversary (and her birthday at the same time) Click the badge (ASAP) for more details.. Entries are accepted til April 10 :)

12 Reactions:

Luna Miranda on April 9, 2011 at 5:13 AM said...

i love tempura, too...there is a japanese bistro in our ofc building and gyu-tendon is my favorite lunch.:p

Chie Wilks on April 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM said...

yummy! I love tempura with rice

A visit from FTF: my entry

♥FoodTripFriday♥ on April 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM said...

Voting is now open ,so please invite your friends to vote for your post entry. Good Luck and Thanks!!!!

cheerful on April 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM said...

complete meal and looks delicious! anyway, please visit me and get your slice of almond chocolate cake! happy weekend! :)

arcee on April 10, 2011 at 11:44 AM said...

i love japanese food! my fave: beef misono & tempura, yummy! visiting here thru TBE and followed. pls follow me back:) thanks!

Mirage on April 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM said...

oishii yo! sa pictures pa lang yummy na!

Our Village is a Little Different on April 18, 2011 at 2:01 PM said...

That looks wonderful. I love Tempura.

I am stopping by with the April Blogger's Exchange. I'm a new GFC follower. I hope you will stop by my bog, too and follow back.

http://homeschoolblogger.com/brindamorr/

shengy on April 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM said...

yummy...

anne on April 25, 2011 at 11:38 AM said...

It looks so yummy btw thanks for the visit for Little World of Fun Do you mind to visit me at Anne’s Sweet Life as well? Thanks

Jadeingua - 01.20.11 on April 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM said...

Hi Mommy! Visiting from TBE April link! Hope you can visit me too!

http://www.mythoughtsinletters.com/the-bloggers-exchange/

Mel Avila Alarilla on May 5, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

Wow, how I love tempura but the nearest thing I ate similar to a tempura is camaron rebosado. I just love to eat honest to goodness Japanese tempura. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Eric Graham on May 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM said...

Itadakimasu! The meals looks really delicious. Tempura is the best, as I love shrimps.

Post a Comment

♥ this is now a do-follow blog ♥ comments are moderated ♥

Thank YOU =)

 

♥ Fabbie Love ♥

more fabulous blog badges here peach360 Chris ChroniclesPhotobucket the mommy journey Kharen's Corner Photobucket PhotobucketInspirational Insights badge exchange with me...

Blogger Tools

Make your blogger look more beautiful by visiting these sites:
  • Spice Up Your Blog
  • Free Blogger Template and Design Resources
  • Blogger Buster
  • Nice and Fab Copyright © 2009 Shopping Bag is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal

    Icons by Babydoll.nu | Button by Happi | Background by Cebong Ipiet